25.7.09

ROSIE AND HER FIRST REAL MOUSE !

I know my cute little Rosie as an adorable little lady, counting and playing with her colorful toy mousies.

Photobucket

But then one day I saw her jumping and playing in the garden and wondered what she did. As it was so funny I took my camera and made this little video without knowing exactly with what she was playing !



But then suddenly I realized, it was a real big mouse ! She carried it in the kitchen and put it in her dry food bowl. I thought she is a well educated cat and only eats mousies out of a bowl.

Photobucket

but this wasn't the case, Miss Rosie didn't like the taste of Mousie and preferred her usual dry food.

Photobucket

She ate her food around the mouse

Photobucket

Photobucket

with a good appetite and real pleasure

Photobucket

all I had to do then was to wait until she finished and put the mouse in the bin !

14 comments:

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

Rosie you are clever. I have never tried fresh mousie before.


Hugs GJ xx

Cezar and Léia said...

Ohmigod! Miss Rosie is awesome!
What a fabulous post dear friend!
purrs and love
Luna

Reese =^..^= said...

That is so funny!

Puss-in-Boots said...

Rosie reminds me of Oscar. He was a real good mouser, ratter, baby possumer...you name it, he caught it. But he then used to bring them inside, still alive, and let them go. I was then the one who had to catch them to put outside again.

Cats do love to play with their food. We weren't allowed to as kids...

Maribeth said...

Oh isn't that hysterical! What a funny girl she is! Congratulations to Rosie on catching her first mouse!

Milo and Alfie said...

Rosie! We are amazed! We think we'd prefer the crunchy biscuits too though! Well done though ~ what a huntress!

Luna und Luzie said...

Iiiihihiii! But not in the kitchen!
Rosie you did a good job!
Congrats to your first real mouse.


Sie ist eben ein Spätzünder, wie wir in Germany sagen.
Guten Appetit!

Kitikata-san said...

Oh What Fun! Rosie must have had so much fun with the Real Mouse toy! You know Rosie must have been pleased with herself if she put the mouse in her dinner bowl.

Anya said...

Lovely shots from her first mouse:)
It looks a little scary a real mouse in the kitchen .... LOL

Anonymous said...

Rosie is a great hunter! Trixie hunts all the mice that are unfortunate enough to come into our house.

Irishcoda said...

Thanks so much for letting me know about Rosie's adventure with her first real mousie! I needed the laugh for sure! Her play reminded me of a cat I had as a teenager, Puffy. I was on my way toward home when I saw Puffy playing with something. I thought it was a ball at first, but then she tossed it up in the air and when it fell, it didn't bounce. As I got close, I realized it was a mouse. Cats do like to play with their catch! Ah, but I see that even fresh mouse does not compare with yummy dry kibble, LOL. I love the picture of Rosie on the couch with her colorful play mousies too! :D

Ginger said...

Wow~~That is really something.

Dora said...

Maybe she thought mouse-flavoured dry food is nicer? And the conclusion is "No"! Ha ha.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Zippy won't eat mouse either...she sez yoo hafta leave dem outside or da mom's get a little freaked out.